The Song List #3
Ahh so it has been far too long since I've done a music post on my blog. I don't know what it is with summer time but I seem to post so much more fashion and book related things on here and I've sort of let music take a bit of a backseat. But worry no more beautiful people as my monthly 'The Song List' will be back from now on and so will my 'Songs That May Or May Not Change Your Life' posts too. I have been listening to sooo much music over the past few months so I'm going to try and put all my favourites from the last few months into this post rather than just the last month.
If you want to take a peek at my other song list posts to see what music I've been loving then have a click here....
The Song List #1
The Song List #2
So on to this month's list, as always its a proper mixed bunch, I like so many different types of music and I really hope you find something you love in this list too. Click the link to get taken to the songs youtube/soundcloud to have a listen....
1. Hannah Trigwell - Another Beautiful Mistake - Ah I have been listening to this song so much over the past few months. Actually I have been listening to all Hannah's covers on her YouTube channel nonstop. Her voice is ah-mazing and this song is so beautiful! Have a peek at her stuff if you haven't already.
2. The Lumineers - Ophelia - So I'm all for everyone loving different types of music and it's all about personal taste, right? Someone's favourite song is the same song that someone can't stand...and I'm all about that. That's what makes music so special but you know when you hear a song and even though I am 100% down with the above statement I'm a bit like 'come on though, there is no one on earth who couldn't fall in love with this song' because I am so in love with The Lumineers music, I feel like its me in musical note form, if that is even a thing haha! Being real though I do totally get that this type of music just isn't for everyone but I love this song.
3. Jerry Williams - Mother - This is all kinds of perfect! I fell in love with this song a few weeks ago. I love, love, love the whole vibe of this song and she is so damn cool too.
4. ROMES - One Dance - Love Drake, Love ROMES and love this cover of such an awesome song. Their version of it is so on point.
5. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man - Who doesn't love some Skynyrd right? This music much like The Lumineers above is just music that I can never get bored of. I forget how much of a crazy beautiful song this was until I reheard it on American Idol months ago and I fell in love with it all over again.
6. Birdy - Wild Horses - Ever since I first heard this it's reminded me of another song but I still can't remember what one? Has she sampled something maybe? I can't work it out, if it reminds you of something too, let me know what it is in the comments below. Anyway, I love this a lot.
7. Jennifer Lopez - Ain't Your Mama - My Queen since day one. I can't even tell you how many times I have played this song, sung this song, danced to this song.....Just press play and turn it up loud. My summer anthem.
8. Calvin Harris - This Is What You Came For - Ah isn't this just perfect summer music. LOVE Rih's voice on this too. This song is all kinds of beautiful.
9. Selena Gomez- Kill em' With Kindness - My.Life.Motto. Couldn't love this song anymore right now...
10. A Thousand Horses - Southernality - I have no idea why its taken me so long to discover this band, I am definitely late to the party with this one. I could basically listen to this music all day long, it makes me wanna go live in America, sit on a front porch , play guitar and drink from a red cup, you know what I mean? Love them and love this...
11. Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks - This is summer in a song and summer doesn't beginning to till you have this playing on repeat. Also hands up who pretends they are in an indie movie when this is playing...um OK just me then haha!
So there is The Song List #3. I hope you all love it and let me know what your favourite songs are this month?