The Song List #1
I love music and I love my 'Songs That May or May Not Change Your Life' posts too, they are some of the posts that I get the most tweets and emails about than nearly anything else. It is the nicest thing ever when some of you guys tweet me to say that you found a new song to love after listening to one of these posts or that you have found a new album to listen too, it makes me feel so happy that you love these posts as much as I like to make them. So I came up with a new music feature to go along side those posts. And here it is, its called The Song List.
At the end of every month I will make a list of the songs that I have been obsessed with that month. Its a way of sharing more music with you. Because I am lucky enough to get sent some music in advance of their release dates, some of the music I feature will be available to buy in the coming months but you will be able to get a sneak peek here, some of the songs will just be songs that are out at the moment that I love and others will just be random ones that I just cant get enough of. I am putting links to either the music video or the soundcloud as I thought that would be easiest and you can pick or choose your favourites. I think I will also put all the songs onto a spotify playlist too but I haven't been able to do that this month but I will do it starting next month.
So without further ado here is The Song List #1....
1. Rosie Lowe - Women - A dreamy song that will make you feel all 'I am WOMAN' Rosie's voice is really beautiful and I really love the words. Her debut album is coming out Feb 19th.
2. Stealth - Intro - I fell in love with this song a while ago but didn't feature it on here as I just really didn't like the video but I can't stop listening to this again lately and I think his voice just sounds so good. I can not wait to hear what else he releases.
3. Alessia Cara - Seventeen - I know that she has been everywhere for the past little while but its only been this month that I took the time to listen to her music and I really, really like her sound. This song is definitely my favourite of hers I have heard so far. Just such a fun pop track, with a super cute video to match. Her debut album Know It All is out March 11th and it's definitely on my must buy list.
4. Kelvin Jones - Call You Home - I have featured Kelvin on my blog before HERE. I was in LOVE with the song I featured the last time and its ones of those songs that once its in your head you just can't get it out. This is his second single and I really like it too, a bit more mellow than the first. I just really like his whole vibe.
5. Malka - Wonder Why - Weird, fun, dance-y, pop music. Its just exactly that and it will make you smile and want to do a little dance at the same time which is never a bad thing, right? This is released on Feb 12th
6. Shawn Mendes - Stitches - I have no words for how big my love is for this song, I am obsessed by it. If I had done a 'Songs That May or May Not Change Your Life' post this month, this would have been in it. Its just a freaking awesome pop song. Its one of those songs though that I know I am going to over play it and listen to it so much that I'm not going to be able to stand it in a few months time but I honestly can help it, I just keep hitting repeat. I feel like I want to listen to every single thing he has ever sung after falling in love with this song...Its just too good.
7. Hannah Boleyn - Insignificant - Beautiful, beautiful song and a stunning voice. It comes out on Feb 5th and you can check out her album already. So simple and perfect if your having a chilled out moment.
8. Zara Larsson - Lush Life - I am the biggest fan of Zara. She sings/writes really really good pop music, like 90's era good you know? And being a pop obsessive I do not say that lightly. Definitely someone who I think is going to release a ton of awesome stuff this year.
9. Snakehips - All My Friends - Love this, its so trippy and mellow too. Just a really great song.
10. Raelynn - Careless - I am the biggest American Idol fan, I always have been, I don't watch any of the other talent singing shows here anymore but something about American Idol always pulls me in. I am such a massive fan of country music and one of the things I love about watching idol is I always find new country songs from watching it and one that I just fell head over heels for this week is this one. Such fun, real country music. This is such a summer song.
11. WSTRN - IN2 - A song that I've had on repeat this month too. I Just love everything about it, it is one of my favourite songs in a while.
12. Anne - Marie - Do It Right - Anne-Marie is someone else who I have also featured on my blog before HERE. I think her voice is just all kinds of crazy good and I love, love, love all the new music she has come out with lately. This is by far my favourite and I can not wait to hear what her full album will sound like and have a listen of it. You will probably recognise her from singing with Rudimental who I also adore and I love that she is now doing her own music again too. Also sidenote her makeup and style is always on point too so if your looking for some new style inspiration go and check her and her music out...
13. Craig David - Fill Me In - This is my throwback song of the month. I remember the first time Craig David (see I have to always call him Craig David not just Craig, its all about the full title here folks) was on TV and the fates aligned and I saw his performance and I was like 'um, OK so who are you?' He was the first popstar who I really loved, you know like proper fangirled over. I was never into boy bands or anything so this was my first taste of real popstar love. I was like 9 or something when this song was released and his first album too and still to this date I have honestly never loved an album more. I think its part because I genuinely love his music and also part of it being the first music that I really fell in love with and totally got. I remember seeing him in concert and everyone else was so much older than me and I was by a long shot the youngest there and it was just so crazy good, I remember being like ' oh my gawd me and Craig David are breathing the same air' I know, I know....haha! Anyway I am super happy his comeback has finally arrived and I wanted to celebrate it by featuring one of my all time favourite songs...
I hope you like this list, let me know which ones are your faves?