Life Lately #2
- Hello! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. I took a good few weeks off of my blog and twitter over the holiday period and I just wanted to let you all know I'm baaaack.
Did you have a lovely time over Christmas? I hope you all did. I had a great time but it sort of feels like it was over in the blink of an eye, right. I can't believe we are in January already!
- The holidays were great but just as they were ending and everything was starting to get back to normal and I was getting ready to start posting again I took a horrible flu, so I have been curled up in my new fluffy dressing gown I got for Christmas (thanks Santa) and keeping cosy and trying to shake it off (just try and get that song out of your head now, ahh sorry!) and feel better for this week so fingers crossed it's starting to shift. Although the only good thing to come out of having the flu is I finally took the plunge and gave Netflix a go, after finding out that I have honestly, genuinely seen every romantic comedy they have in their library apart from 4, and accidentally watching a Christian movie, which I didn't even know they made and it only dawned on me after they had quoted scripture from the bible like 5 times in one scene, so I then swiftly moved on to the TV shows section and my god that whole binge-watching being addictive thing really isn't a joke is it? I have got through nearly two seasons of a TV show in under a week, it's like I keep telling myself maybe you should stop after this episode but I literally can't....it's quite amazing! So at least I've got Netflix to keep me entertained until I'm flu-less.
- I know everyone has been doing blog yearly round ups and goals for the year ahead type posts but I think I've kinda missed the boat on that one and it's not really my thing anyway, I love reading other peoples but I'm much more of a go-with-the-flow kinda gal (yep, I did just use that phrase in a non-ironic way) but what I will say is I really want to get back to posting daily and trying to keep my content as varied and fresh as possible on here. I love that I still love blogging, you know? After all this time I still get so excited when I see that y'all have been checking out my blog or left a comment or tweeted me and it makes me super happy when I come up with content and ideas that you like and I just want to keep doing more of the same. I feel for such a long time I was so set on having to fit into a category or a role like I had to be either a fashion blogger or a beauty blogger or a whatever blogger and I had to only post about certain things and I couldn't cross over and change to a different topic and I feel finally that I'm over that. I don't know what category my blog fits into anymore and that's fine, I love that actually. I think in a way that's what make me enjoy my blog so much more now, if I see something that I think you would all enjoy reading about or hearing about then I post it and I don't care if it falls into a set category just as long as it's something you all would like. I like my blog being sort of undefinable and I have so many ideas for new posts that I cant wait to share with you and I really hope that you have enjoyed my blog over the last year (and many years before that) and I hope that you'll continue to see things you like on it and fingers crossed maybe even see something that inspires you and makes you smile too.
- On that same kind of topic, is there anything you would like to see more of on here. Certain topics or features? I would love to know what you think and what bits of the blog you enjoy the most so that I can improve and tweak things. Also for reviews of books/movies would you rather read a written review of them or do you think you would enjoy a video of me reviewing them more? I am kinda scared of YouTube but I do love the idea of trying to make some awesome videos and I thought it would maybe be fun to make my reviews videos instead of posts, but let me know what you think and what you would find easier and more enjoyable.
- I know that was a bit of a rambly catch-up but I just wanted to say a massive thank you again for everyone reading my blog and I hope you all have a fabulous 2015 and you know, spend a little bit of it checking my blog out hahah....!